Our Goals And Values
- Standardisation in the M2M communication industry is something that would benefit the industry as a whole
- Any adopted standard needs to be a truly open standard in order to benefit the industry and be fully adopted
- The technology and market are evolving and maturing all the time. The standard needs to be futureproof, developing over time. Standardisation will only occur when the technology is mature and the industry is ready for it.
- The standard needs to be supported financially and through activity by an organisation or community to:
- Encourage membership and adoption of an open standard
- Fund ongoing development of the standard
- The standard needs to be easily accessible. Our standard is published and updated regularly.
- Standard compliance needs to be monitored. A certification process is being developed by the WAVE2M Community to facilitate this.